Hello! My name is Serge K. Keller, FCD, and I'm a scientific and technical journalist, a freelance writer and translator, a graphic designer and desktop publisher, and a webmaster. In other words, I'm a wordsmith and a pixel craftsman — but I'm also a printer of electrons and a web scientist.
I'm a former biologist as well, and used to be a zoo keeper; to this day I've kept a strong interest in natural sciences and I remain a staunch, bearded Darwin groupie.
In my free time, I direct some amateur theatre plays or will occasionally play on stage myself. Photography, bicycle touring, cinema and lots of reading (does the term tsundoku ring a bell?) also count amongst my favourite past-times.
I currently live in Fribourg (the Swiss one), a very nice bilingual city (French/German), but grew up in the Italian-speaking region of Switzerland. And I love to travel whenever I get the opportunity!
Memberships and affiliations
- Journalistic and media organisations
- ARCI / AST Supporting Member; Swiss Association of Science Journalism Extraordinary Member.
- Scientific and nature conservation organisations
- Friend of Charles Darwin; HMS Beagle Project Supporter.
- Standards and digital rights organisations
- ICANN NCUC Member; ISOC Swiss Chapter Individual Member.
- Other organisations and societies
- Cloud Appreciation Society Member; FIFF Friend; Friend of the Kyle Line; Sherlock Holmes Society of London Member; Théâtre de la Cité de Fribourg Active Member.
Remember the Geek Code? FWIW here's mine:
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.12 GAT d--(+) s++:++ a+ C++(++++)$ UL++++@ P(+) L++(+)>+++ E- W+++$ N* o+ K w@$ !O M+>$ !V PS++@ PE@ Y+(++) PGP+ t+@ 5? X-@ R@ !tv b+++(++++)>$ !DI D--- G+ e* h--- r+++ y+++ ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK----
Need some help decoding it in one go?
If you wish to contact me, I can understand French, Italian, English and German: your choice!
- +41 (0)26 300 7013
- Bureau 4110
Unicom - Communication et médias
Université de Fribourg
Avenue de l'Europe 20
CH - 1700 Fribourg